Pravin Tambe to make Ranji debut for Mumbai at 42
Mumbai: Forty two year old leg spinner Pravin Tambe on Monday was surprisingly included in the Mumbai Ranji Trophy team to take on Jharkhand in the four-day Group A match starting at the Wankhede Stadium here on December 6.
Lack of top quality spinners has apparently forced the Mumbai selectors to include Tambe, who made his mark in T20 cricket while playing for Rajasthan Royals in last season`s IPL and Champions League but is yet to figure in first class cricket.
Tambe, who plays for the D Y Patil Sports Academy in local cricket, has picked up 13 wickets in 8 T20 games in his career. He will complement left arm spinner Vishal Dabholkar. The defending champions made a few other changes in their squad that whipped Vidarbha by 338 runs yesterday.
The unavailability of captain and pace spearhead Zaheer Khan, who is to set off for South Africa, soon has once again opened the doors for Kshemal Waingankar to take his place in the squad. All rounder Abhishek Nayar will lead the side in Zaheer`s absence.
The squad: Abhishek Nayar (Capt), Aditya Tare (Vice-capt), Wasim Jaffer, Hiken Shah, Suryakumar Yadav, Sushant Marathe, Vishal Dabholkar, Siddhesh Lad, Javed Khan, Shardul Thakur, Akbar Khan, Kshemal Waingankar, Manish Rao, Pravin Tambe and Sagar Kerkar.
Coach: Sulakshan Kulkarni.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath