Preity Zinta`s KPH Dream Cricket posts Rs 35.26cr loss in FY11
Chandigarh: As franchisees gear up for the next IPL season, Bollywood actress Preity Zinta co-owned KPH Dream Cricket Private Ltd continues to be a loss making venture, with accumulated losses of Rs 68.08 crore in 2010-11 from three IPLs already held.
KPH Dream, which owns IPL franchisee outfit Kings XI Punjab, recorded accumulated losses of Rs 32.82 crore in 2009-10.
In financial statements filed with Registrars of Companies here, KPH Dream has reported a net loss of Rs 35.26 crore for the year 2010-11, highest loss suffered by the company since the commencement of IPL in 2008.
Kings XI Punjab was reportedly looking at reaching break- even by March, 2011.
Besides, the company`s expenses were much higher than the income it generated. It reported total income of Rs 49.88 crore against the total expenditure of Rs 85.14 crore in 2010-11.
The company`s total income dipped to Rs 49.88 crore in 2010-11 against Rs 94.38 crore earned in 2009-10, as per the details submitted.
Kings XI Punjab`s major source of income has been from franchise rights and sponsorship fee which stood at Rs 27.33 crore and Rs 14.94 crore, respectively, although company`s income from ticket sales was just Rs 5.74 crore in 2010-11.
The company`s maximum expenditure has been on depreciation and players cost, including players` fee at Rs 30.62 crore and Rs 15.93 crore, respectively in 2010-11, as per company`s financial statement.
KPH Dream had committed USD 76 million as franchise cost for over 10 years.
According to the shareholding pattern in the company, actress Preity Zinta and industrialist Ness Wadia have stakes of 23 per cent each, while rest is owned by Mohit Burman another industrialist, Karan Paul Chairman of Apeejay- Surrendra Group, Colway Investment and Root Investment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- One year of Modi govt: PM Modi addresses mega rally in Mathura Part-II
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- CBSE 10th Results 2015 to be declared on May 27
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Is there life after death?
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results declared