Preparations for Ind-Eng ODI progressing: KCA
Kochi: Preparations for the India-England ODI on January 15 next year are going on full swing and the pitch and ground related work is expected to be completed in a couple of months, a Kerala Cricket Association official said.
Work was expected to be completed in couple of months for the initial warm up matches, KCA Secretary T C Mathew, told reporters on Thursday.
This is the first time that KCA is hosting an ODI under lights and this is the eighth ODI being hosted by it.
The Organising committee office of India-England ODI was inaugurated today at a function here by Greater Cochin Development Authority Chairman, N Venugopal.
Indian cricketer S Sreesanth said he was keen to play in the ODIs against England and hopefully his injuries would be healed by then. He said he would be available for selection.
For the first time, Kerala will be hosting the Deodhar Trophy championship, which is to be held here from March 10-13 next year, Mathew said.
By 2014, small stadiums for cricket would be ready in all districts. The proposed Kochi cricket stadium, which ran into rough weather following protests from green activists, was not a closed chapter, he said.
On the pre-season preparations for Ranji Trophy Team, Mathew said the KCA has appointed former Indian player Sujith Somasundar as the consultant coach for the senior team for the coming season.
Himachal Pradesh`s under 19 team will visit Kerala for six matches from August 31-September 10 at Palakkad and Perinthalmanna, while the Bangladesh Board Schools team is expected to be in Kerala from September 10-21.
Bangladesh Cricket Board is keen to visit Kerala to give exposure to their junior teams. In return, the junior teams will also visit Bangladesh. KCA`s academy team will visit Bangladesh from April 15-May 2.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!