President felicitates India`s blind cricket team
New Delhi: President Pranab Mukherjee on Wednesday felicitated India`s blind cricket team for winning the Twenty20 World Cup championship.
The team was also felicitated by Sports Minister Jitendra Singh and Arun Jaitley, vice president of the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI).
The sports minister has assured the team that he would consider the request of awarding each member of the Rs.30 lakhs and grant Rs.10 crores to promote blind cricket in the country.
Manhatesh, general secretary of Cricket Association for Blind in India (CABI), said: "I pray each one of them gets rewarded and recognized for the tremendous effort they put across to prove their mettle at the tournament and also a special note of gratitude to CABI for supporting us think and strong all through the event."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K govt to provide support for smooth functioning of schools
- In a country wary of migrants, Pope tells Poles to welcome refugees
- Want soft and smooth heels? Try these five easy home remedies!
- Former football stars Gary Neville, Ryan Giggs unveil Manchester building plan
- Syria's powerful Nusra Front says ending link to al Qaeda