President felicitates India`s blind cricket team
New Delhi: President Pranab Mukherjee on Wednesday felicitated India`s blind cricket team for winning the Twenty20 World Cup championship.
The team was also felicitated by Sports Minister Jitendra Singh and Arun Jaitley, vice president of the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI).
The sports minister has assured the team that he would consider the request of awarding each member of the Rs.30 lakhs and grant Rs.10 crores to promote blind cricket in the country.
Manhatesh, general secretary of Cricket Association for Blind in India (CABI), said: "I pray each one of them gets rewarded and recognized for the tremendous effort they put across to prove their mettle at the tournament and also a special note of gratitude to CABI for supporting us think and strong all through the event."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened
- PM Narendra Modi's gift on Maha Shivaratari: A 112-foot face of Lord Shiva - Read details