President felicitates India`s blind cricket team
New Delhi: President Pranab Mukherjee on Wednesday felicitated India`s blind cricket team for winning the Twenty20 World Cup championship.
The team was also felicitated by Sports Minister Jitendra Singh and Arun Jaitley, vice president of the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI).
The sports minister has assured the team that he would consider the request of awarding each member of the Rs.30 lakhs and grant Rs.10 crores to promote blind cricket in the country.
Manhatesh, general secretary of Cricket Association for Blind in India (CABI), said: "I pray each one of them gets rewarded and recognized for the tremendous effort they put across to prove their mettle at the tournament and also a special note of gratitude to CABI for supporting us think and strong all through the event."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!