Prior hints at English frustration over IPL
Zeenews Sports Bureau
New Delhi: England wicket-keeper Matt Prior on Thursday said that the England Cricket Board might have to reconsider their international schedule in order to allow players to play in the lucrative Indian Premier League.
Prior said that players will become increasingly "frustrated" if the England cricket bosses do not take the issue seriously.
The ECB only allows England-contracted players to play half of the IPL season after which they return home to fulfill their national duties in May.
England is scheduled to play a Test series against the Black Caps which begins on May 16 and the England and Wales Cricket Board have ruled that players must be back by May 5.
The Sussex right-hander said that while Test cricket was his ultimate priority, it was difficult to ignore the amount of money players get in the cash-rich tournament.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result 2015 to be announced shortly