Prior hints at English frustration over IPL
Zeenews Sports Bureau
New Delhi: England wicket-keeper Matt Prior on Thursday said that the England Cricket Board might have to reconsider their international schedule in order to allow players to play in the lucrative Indian Premier League.
Prior said that players will become increasingly "frustrated" if the England cricket bosses do not take the issue seriously.
The ECB only allows England-contracted players to play half of the IPL season after which they return home to fulfill their national duties in May.
England is scheduled to play a Test series against the Black Caps which begins on May 16 and the England and Wales Cricket Board have ruled that players must be back by May 5.
The Sussex right-hander said that while Test cricket was his ultimate priority, it was difficult to ignore the amount of money players get in the cash-rich tournament.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan chased by a tiger!
- Caught on camera: Woman stealing cell phone in store
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Panel discussion on Kejriwal's poisonous radio ad on Dadri incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!