Prior hints at English frustration over IPL
Zeenews Sports Bureau
New Delhi: England wicket-keeper Matt Prior on Thursday said that the England Cricket Board might have to reconsider their international schedule in order to allow players to play in the lucrative Indian Premier League.
Prior said that players will become increasingly "frustrated" if the England cricket bosses do not take the issue seriously.
The ECB only allows England-contracted players to play half of the IPL season after which they return home to fulfill their national duties in May.
England is scheduled to play a Test series against the Black Caps which begins on May 16 and the England and Wales Cricket Board have ruled that players must be back by May 5.
The Sussex right-hander said that while Test cricket was his ultimate priority, it was difficult to ignore the amount of money players get in the cash-rich tournament.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman