Probe ordered into Malik`s assets
Karachi: Problems continue to stack up for Pakistan`s former captain Shoaib Malik whose assets are now under investigation by the police on orders of a session court in Lahore.
The SHO of the Gulberg police station has been directed by the session court to report back to it on January 24 with details of Malik`s assets after it admitted a petition for hearing.
Advocate Ishtiaq Chaudhary said he had submitted a petition in the court calling for a complete scrutiny of the assets and bank accounts of Malik.
"He was not considered for the World Cup because of corruption charges and the people have a right to know about this corruption and about his assets," he said.
The 28-year-old Malik, who has played 32 Tests and 192 one-day internationals, has not been picked in the national team since being dropped for the one-day series in England last summer.
After attending two hearings of the Integrity committee of the PCB, he failed to get the clearance for being considered for the World Cup preliminary squad last week despite being in prime form in the ongoing Quaid-e-Azam trophy in which he has scored four centuries.
The board has not given any official statement on why it had not cleared him for selection.
But reports in the media have claimed that the PCB want Malik to explain his source of income for an amount of 90,000 pounds in his UK bank account.
Malik has claimed that he had provided every detail to the integrity committee including bank slips, deposit slips, and receipts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened