Process to reclaim No. 1 Test ranking is on: Dhoni
Mumbai: They lost the No 1 rank to England last year but India captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni assured that the "process is on" to reclaim the spot in longer version.
Asked about reclaiming the No 1 spot, Dhoni said, "That plan is always on. Whatever format you play in the sport, you always want to be No 1. It`s a slow constant process that we are subjected to," Dhoni told the mediapersons during a promotional event here today.
Questioned on the upcoming England series, he said that it will be an interesting one.
"It will be an interesting one. If you see the England side, they are a very good side but what important thing is to focus on our strength and our weaknesses. We also need to improve over a period of time," the skipper observed.
Dhoni said that the short camp in Mumbai before the series will help them get into groove.
"We are reporting in a couple of days. We have a few practice matches before we get into the team," Dhoni told reporters on the sidelines of his biking event.
On a different note, Dhoni revealed that being a professional cricketer was never on his agenda and would have rather been happy serving the country as an armyman.
"Coming from a small town, I never thought that cricket will be my profession. I wanted to join Indian Army. It was my dream. But then cricket happened. Everything fell into place, I started performing well in first class cricket, Duleep Trophy and all the other tournaments."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price