Proteas Coach Kirsten worried over Philander’s tight cricket schedule
Cape Town: South African coach Gary Kirsten has admitted that he is "little bit concerned" that seamer Vernon Philander will head straight into two months of county cricket after a busy season.
According to a leading cricket website, Philander has played in seven of the eight Tests this season and turned out in all formats for his franchise, the Cape Town Cobras.
He will not take a break until the end of May, a month before South Africa`s tour to England.
Kirsten said Philander must abide by his contract with Somerset as it was agreed to before he became a nationally contracted player, Sport 24 reports.
Kirsten expressed the hope that Cricket South Africa can work with Somerset to ensure he is not overworked or burnt out.
He will play eight matches for Somerset. The first Championship match is against Middlesex.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Suspicious Iranian boat seized off Kerala coast, Pakistani ID card recovered