Proteas Coach Kirsten worried over Philander’s tight cricket schedule
Cape Town: South African coach Gary Kirsten has admitted that he is "little bit concerned" that seamer Vernon Philander will head straight into two months of county cricket after a busy season.
According to a leading cricket website, Philander has played in seven of the eight Tests this season and turned out in all formats for his franchise, the Cape Town Cobras.
He will not take a break until the end of May, a month before South Africa`s tour to England.
Kirsten said Philander must abide by his contract with Somerset as it was agreed to before he became a nationally contracted player, Sport 24 reports.
Kirsten expressed the hope that Cricket South Africa can work with Somerset to ensure he is not overworked or burnt out.
He will play eight matches for Somerset. The first Championship match is against Middlesex.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Centre declines to share info on bringing back Kohinoor
- Parliamentary panel 'anguished' at shortage of faculty in IITs, IIMs
- Good health is the name of the game for Virat Kohli – Check out his fitness mantra!
- Watch: Queen's response to dare from Obamas is simply hilarious!
- WATCH: How Harbhajan Singh, Hardik Pandya put birthday cake all over Rohit Sharma's face