Proteas Coach Kirsten worried over Philander’s tight cricket schedule
Cape Town: South African coach Gary Kirsten has admitted that he is "little bit concerned" that seamer Vernon Philander will head straight into two months of county cricket after a busy season.
According to a leading cricket website, Philander has played in seven of the eight Tests this season and turned out in all formats for his franchise, the Cape Town Cobras.
He will not take a break until the end of May, a month before South Africa`s tour to England.
Kirsten said Philander must abide by his contract with Somerset as it was agreed to before he became a nationally contracted player, Sport 24 reports.
Kirsten expressed the hope that Cricket South Africa can work with Somerset to ensure he is not overworked or burnt out.
He will play eight matches for Somerset. The first Championship match is against Middlesex.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next