Proteas Coach Kirsten worried over Philander’s tight cricket schedule
Cape Town: South African coach Gary Kirsten has admitted that he is "little bit concerned" that seamer Vernon Philander will head straight into two months of county cricket after a busy season.
According to a leading cricket website, Philander has played in seven of the eight Tests this season and turned out in all formats for his franchise, the Cape Town Cobras.
He will not take a break until the end of May, a month before South Africa`s tour to England.
Kirsten said Philander must abide by his contract with Somerset as it was agreed to before he became a nationally contracted player, Sport 24 reports.
Kirsten expressed the hope that Cricket South Africa can work with Somerset to ensure he is not overworked or burnt out.
He will play eight matches for Somerset. The first Championship match is against Middlesex.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Jaya and Amitabh Bachchan living separately: Amar Singh makes shocking revelations