Proteas Coach Kirsten worried over Philander’s tight cricket schedule
Cape Town: South African coach Gary Kirsten has admitted that he is "little bit concerned" that seamer Vernon Philander will head straight into two months of county cricket after a busy season.
According to a leading cricket website, Philander has played in seven of the eight Tests this season and turned out in all formats for his franchise, the Cape Town Cobras.
He will not take a break until the end of May, a month before South Africa`s tour to England.
Kirsten said Philander must abide by his contract with Somerset as it was agreed to before he became a nationally contracted player, Sport 24 reports.
Kirsten expressed the hope that Cricket South Africa can work with Somerset to ensure he is not overworked or burnt out.
He will play eight matches for Somerset. The first Championship match is against Middlesex.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves