Proteas quick Tsotsobe eyeing Test return following long absence
Johannesburg: South African fast bowler Lonwabo Tsotsobe has said that he is eyeing a return to his country`s Test cricket line-up after a two-and-a-half year absence from the Test side.
The left-arm Tsotsobe also said that he believed that playing for domestic side Highveld Lions, which has left for India to play in the Champions League Twenty20 tournament, would improve his performance and put his name in the hat for selection.
Stating that he is determined to prove his critics wrong, Tsotsobe also said that he feels that the Lions is the best franchise for him to play in as he is impressed by their four-day cricket form, although he added that he needs to get in more game time as in the end, a player is selected based on his performance, Sport24 reports.
According to Tsotsobe, he has to prove to people that he is fit and can be a part of the South African setup for a long time, although he added that he welcomed the criticism as it made him push harder.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Priyanka Chopra's dinner date with 'Baywatch' cast! View in pic
- Updated WhatsApp with 'call back', voice mail, video calling features coming soon!
- Ancient Hindu temple reopens after 27 years in Srinagar, Kashmiri Pandits jubilant
- AgustaWestland yet to return entire down payment made by India for VVIP choppers: Report
- This is how Priyanka Chopra spends her day off from 'Baywatch' sets! Check out in pics