Proteas quick Tsotsobe eyeing Test return following long absence
Johannesburg: South African fast bowler Lonwabo Tsotsobe has said that he is eyeing a return to his country`s Test cricket line-up after a two-and-a-half year absence from the Test side.
The left-arm Tsotsobe also said that he believed that playing for domestic side Highveld Lions, which has left for India to play in the Champions League Twenty20 tournament, would improve his performance and put his name in the hat for selection.
Stating that he is determined to prove his critics wrong, Tsotsobe also said that he feels that the Lions is the best franchise for him to play in as he is impressed by their four-day cricket form, although he added that he needs to get in more game time as in the end, a player is selected based on his performance, Sport24 reports.
According to Tsotsobe, he has to prove to people that he is fit and can be a part of the South African setup for a long time, although he added that he welcomed the criticism as it made him push harder.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof