Proteas quick Tsotsobe eyeing Test return following long absence
Johannesburg: South African fast bowler Lonwabo Tsotsobe has said that he is eyeing a return to his country`s Test cricket line-up after a two-and-a-half year absence from the Test side.
The left-arm Tsotsobe also said that he believed that playing for domestic side Highveld Lions, which has left for India to play in the Champions League Twenty20 tournament, would improve his performance and put his name in the hat for selection.
Stating that he is determined to prove his critics wrong, Tsotsobe also said that he feels that the Lions is the best franchise for him to play in as he is impressed by their four-day cricket form, although he added that he needs to get in more game time as in the end, a player is selected based on his performance, Sport24 reports.
According to Tsotsobe, he has to prove to people that he is fit and can be a part of the South African setup for a long time, although he added that he welcomed the criticism as it made him push harder.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part III
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part IV
- Are central govt employees justified in demanding salary hike?
- China to feel Brexit effects, yuan to weaken against dollar: JP Morgan
- As Central India faces drought, violence and murders on the rise over water
- Baby boom! Teejay Sidhu and Karanvir Bohra to become parents for the first time
- Tripura Governor gets additional charge of Arunachal Pradesh
- Bucket list: You must try these things at least once before turning 25!