Proteas to rest Kallis for remainder of ODI series against Lanka
Cape Town (S.Africa): Cricket South Africa (CSA) has announced two enforced changes as well as a rotational change to the Proteas squad for the remainder of the five-match ODI series against Sri Lanka.
“Hashim Amla has been forced to stand down because of family responsibilities while Rory Kleinveldt has a relatively long-term injury,” commented CSA selection convener Andrew Hudson.
In addition, the team management has decided to rest Jacques Kallis.
According to Sports24, the replacements are batsman Alviro Petersen, all-rounder Vernon Philander and batsman Colin Ingram.
Proteas squad: AB de Villiers (Titans, captain), Johan Botha (Warriors), JP Duminy (Cape Cobras), Faf du Plessis (Titans), Colin Ingram (Warriors), Albie Morkel (Titans), Morne Morkel (Titans), Wayne Parnell (Warriors), Alviro Petersen (Highveld Lions), Robin Peterson (Cape Cobras), Vernon Philander (Cape Cobras), Graeme Smith (Cape Cobras), Dale Steyn (Cape Cobras), Lonwabo Tsotsobe (Warriors).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- 'Second Hand Husband' review: Fails to impress