Proteas to rest Kallis for remainder of ODI series against Lanka
Cape Town (S.Africa): Cricket South Africa (CSA) has announced two enforced changes as well as a rotational change to the Proteas squad for the remainder of the five-match ODI series against Sri Lanka.
“Hashim Amla has been forced to stand down because of family responsibilities while Rory Kleinveldt has a relatively long-term injury,” commented CSA selection convener Andrew Hudson.
In addition, the team management has decided to rest Jacques Kallis.
According to Sports24, the replacements are batsman Alviro Petersen, all-rounder Vernon Philander and batsman Colin Ingram.
Proteas squad: AB de Villiers (Titans, captain), Johan Botha (Warriors), JP Duminy (Cape Cobras), Faf du Plessis (Titans), Colin Ingram (Warriors), Albie Morkel (Titans), Morne Morkel (Titans), Wayne Parnell (Warriors), Alviro Petersen (Highveld Lions), Robin Peterson (Cape Cobras), Vernon Philander (Cape Cobras), Graeme Smith (Cape Cobras), Dale Steyn (Cape Cobras), Lonwabo Tsotsobe (Warriors).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP