Proteas to rest Kallis for remainder of ODI series against Lanka
Cape Town (S.Africa): Cricket South Africa (CSA) has announced two enforced changes as well as a rotational change to the Proteas squad for the remainder of the five-match ODI series against Sri Lanka.
“Hashim Amla has been forced to stand down because of family responsibilities while Rory Kleinveldt has a relatively long-term injury,” commented CSA selection convener Andrew Hudson.
In addition, the team management has decided to rest Jacques Kallis.
According to Sports24, the replacements are batsman Alviro Petersen, all-rounder Vernon Philander and batsman Colin Ingram.
Proteas squad: AB de Villiers (Titans, captain), Johan Botha (Warriors), JP Duminy (Cape Cobras), Faf du Plessis (Titans), Colin Ingram (Warriors), Albie Morkel (Titans), Morne Morkel (Titans), Wayne Parnell (Warriors), Alviro Petersen (Highveld Lions), Robin Peterson (Cape Cobras), Vernon Philander (Cape Cobras), Graeme Smith (Cape Cobras), Dale Steyn (Cape Cobras), Lonwabo Tsotsobe (Warriors).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- WATCH: At 430/9, India needed 24 runs to avoid follow on. What Kapil Dev did next will blow your mind!
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list