Pujara, Ashwin achieve career-best Test rankings
Dubai: India`s middle-order batsman Cheteshwar Pujara and off-spinner Ravichandran Ashwin have achieved their career-best rankings in batting and bowling, respectively in the latest ICC Test Player Rankings released here on Wednesday.
They have reaped the rewards for their impressive performances during India`s historic 4-0 series sweep over Australia.
Pujara`s unbeaten 82 helped India script a six-wicket win in the fourth Test against Australia in Delhi, which led to the Saurashtra batsman moving into the top 10 of the Player Rankings for the first-time in his career.
Pujara, who amassed 419 runs at an average of 83.80 in the series, has jumped five places to a best-ever seventh position with 777 ratings points while Ashwin, who was named man-of-the-series for his 29-wicket series haul, is now at a best-ever sixth spot, having jumped two places.
However, Sachin Tendulkar has lost five positions to be at 26th place while Viart Kohli has slipped to 24th position, losing four places.
India skipper Mahendra Singh Dhoni, the double centurion in the Chennai Test, has jumped two places to 22nd position along with West Indian Chris Gayle while Murali Vijay, the other Test centurion in Hyderabad, has jumped three places to 40th position in the batsmen`s list headed by South Africa`s Hashim Amla.
The latest rankings were released today, a day after England`s magnificent fight back in the Auckland Test which denied New Zealand a series win. The result left the series deadlocked at 0-0.
The hero of England`s great escape was Prior, who hit an unbeaten 110, has jumped four places to a career-best 10th position with best-ever 745 ratings points.
In the bowlers` chart, besides Ashwin, Ravindra Jadeja has gained eight places to be in 27th spot while Pragyan Ojha has dropped a place to be at 10th position.
Pacer Zaheer Khan retained his 16th position.
South Africa`s Dale Steyn still maintains the top spot, while his teammate Vernon Philander is in second place and Sri Lanka`s Rangana Herath in third.
Meanwhile, in the ICC Test Championship table, South Africa have already sealed their position as the number-one ranked side at the 1 April cut-off date, which means they would not only retain the Test mace but would also be assured of a reward of USD 450,000.
In the all-rounder table, Ashwin remained static at third position.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- Unidentified flying objects spotted over Mumbai airport not motorised: Home Department
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- CBSE 10th Results 2015 to be declared on May 27
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- Is there life after death?
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800