Pujara, Kohli drop in ICC Test rankings
Dubai: Indian top order batsmen Cheteshwar Pujara and Virat Kohli have dropped several places in the latest ICC rankings released Monday.
While Pujara slid a place to be ranked eighth, Kohli slipped three places to go out of the top-10 to be ranked No.13.
However, opener Murali Vijay has shown upward movement. The 30-year-old from Chennai scored 146 and 52 and has jumped 12 places to 30th. He is now India’s fourth highest-ranked batsman after Pujara (eighth), Kohli (13th) and captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni (27th).
In the ICC rankings for Test bowlers, Bhuvneshwar Kumar is one of the biggest movers. Bhuvneshwar picked up 5/82 in England’s only innings at Nottingham which has allowed him to break into the top-50 for the first time in his career. He now sits in 46th spot after jumping 27 places.
Offie Ravichandran Ashwin, who was not part of the playing XI against England, has also thus dropped a place and is ranked No.8. He, however, remained static in the all-rounders rakings, staying put at No.2.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city