Pujara says India A`s tri-series win helped by `hunger` to succeed as unit
Johannesburg: India A captain Cheteshwar Pujara has said that his side`s win against Australia A in the final of the Cricket South Africa (CSA) triangular series was helped by their hunger to succeed as a unit.
India A emphatically beat their Australian counterparts by 50 runs to clinch the match at the Tuks Oval in Pretoria on Wednesday.
Expressing his satisfaction with India A`s bowling unit, Pujara said that the hunger to be successful as an unit as also helped them through the match, adding that they had a lot of experience to lean on as most of the players have played for their country.
According to Pujara, it was good to see the way in which the whole team contributed to the win, adding that he is confident that his side will produce the goods once again in their four-day (unofficial) Test series against South Africa A .
Pujara further said that they have played in South African conditions before and are aware of the conditions in Rustenburg, adding that he is confident that they will do their best as they came here knowing that they also have a four-day Test series to play.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder
- Swiss fighter jet missing, believed crashed: Ministry
- PM Narendra Modi reviews plans to counter strike by trade unions
- 'Indo-US logistic pact is not agreement to set up bases'
- Defiant Rousseff says Brazil's democracy on trial with her
- Small group holding majority to ransom: Manohar Parrikar on Kashmir