Pujara slips to seventh spot in ICC Test batsmen ranking
Dubai: Cheteshwar Pujara continued to be the lone Indian batsman in the top-10 despite losing a place to be at seventh spot, while off-spinner Ravichandran Ashwin retained his number eight position in the bowlers` chart in the latest ICC Test rankings issued here on Sunday.
With 777 points to his credit, right-handed batsman Pujara is the only Indian to be figuring in the table, which is headed by South Africa`s Hashim Amla (903) followed by West Indies` Shivnarine Chanderpaul in second place and South Africa`s AB de Villiers in third position.
Meanwhile, Saeed Ajmal and Younis Khan, the stars of Pakistan`s 221 runs victory in the first Test against Zimbabwe at the Harare Sports Club, have gained in the latest rankings.
While Saeed`s match haul of 11 for 118 has helped him move up a place to third in the Test bowlers list, Younis has been rewarded with a jump of two places to sixth for his unbeaten knock of 200 in the second innings on the Test batsmen ranking.
Ashwin has managed to maintain his eighth position but left-arm spinner Pragyan Ojha is now out of the top-10 list.
South Africa`s Dale Steyn continues to rule the roost and is followed by seamer Vernon Philander.
Meanwhile, in the all-rounders` list, Ashwin has retained his third position.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Shocking! 7 veg food items that may actually be non veg
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Standoff with LG: Arvind Kejriwal calls emergency session of Delhi Assembly
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25