Pujara slips to seventh spot in ICC Test batsmen ranking
Dubai: Cheteshwar Pujara continued to be the lone Indian batsman in the top-10 despite losing a place to be at seventh spot, while off-spinner Ravichandran Ashwin retained his number eight position in the bowlers` chart in the latest ICC Test rankings issued here on Sunday.
With 777 points to his credit, right-handed batsman Pujara is the only Indian to be figuring in the table, which is headed by South Africa`s Hashim Amla (903) followed by West Indies` Shivnarine Chanderpaul in second place and South Africa`s AB de Villiers in third position.
Meanwhile, Saeed Ajmal and Younis Khan, the stars of Pakistan`s 221 runs victory in the first Test against Zimbabwe at the Harare Sports Club, have gained in the latest rankings.
While Saeed`s match haul of 11 for 118 has helped him move up a place to third in the Test bowlers list, Younis has been rewarded with a jump of two places to sixth for his unbeaten knock of 200 in the second innings on the Test batsmen ranking.
Ashwin has managed to maintain his eighth position but left-arm spinner Pragyan Ojha is now out of the top-10 list.
South Africa`s Dale Steyn continues to rule the roost and is followed by seamer Vernon Philander.
Meanwhile, in the all-rounders` list, Ashwin has retained his third position.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown