Pune to release Ryder, Daredevils unlikely to keep Robin Bist
New Delhi: The Pune Warriors India are all set to release burly New Zealand batsman Jesse Ryder who now goes back to the auction pool while Delhi Daredevils will also release a few of their foreign recruits from last season including Ranji Trophy`s highest run-scorer Robin Bist.
Most of the franchises are keeping cards close to their chest and are set to retain all the big names.
Current IPL champions Kolkata Knight Riders are not releasing any of the big names while Daredevils are set to retain their top six foreign players Mahela Jayawardene, Kevin Pietersen, Morne Morkel, David Warner, Andre Russell and Ross Taylor.
Bist, who has been a part of Daredevils set-up but hasn`t got a single game has always been earmarked as a man for the longer version.
While youngsters like Yogesh Nagar, Puneet Bisht, Shahbaz Nadeem and Manpreet Juneja were the additional four players apart from the squad of 15 who went to South Africa for the Champions League Twenty20, Robin`s omission from the touring party was a clear indication about what the management feels about him.
South African opener Ghulam Bodi and Australian all-rounder Glenn Maxwell, both of whom joined as replacements will go back to the auction pool along with New Zealand pacer Doug Bracewell who is unlikely to find a place with likes of Morne Morkel, Umesh Yadav, Irfan Pathan and Ajit Agarkar already there.
Sourav Ganguly has already declared that he won`t play in IPL-VI. Ryder didn`t do too badly during Pune Warriors` disastrous campaign last year but he hasn`t played a single competitive match after the last edition of IPL.
"He hasn`t been playing much cricket so at this point it doesn`t make sense to include him," an insider stated.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!