Punjab beat J&K in Vijay Hazare
Dharamsala: Punjab`s bowlers made up for poor performance by the team`s batsman to beat Jammu and Kashmir by 49 runs in a low-scoring weather-truncated North Zone leg encounter of the Vijay Hazare National One Day Championship here today.
Restricted to 168 for eight in 23 overs after being put into bat, Punjab bowled out J&K for 120 in 20.4 overs.
It was a spectacular batting collapse as Punjab went from 102 for one to 168 for eight but it didn`t hurt the team much as J&K also crumbled.
Opener Ravinder Singh was the batting star for Punjab with a 41-ball 60, studded with half a dozen fours and a couple of sixes.
His partner Chandan Mohan was the other decent contributor, making 38 off 45 deliveries that comprised four fours.
For J&K, Parveez Rasool and Ramdyal Punia grabbed two wickets apiece in a fine effort. Rasool then came good with the bat as well, striking a 34-ball 33 which included four fours.
But J&K were let down by their other batsmen, who failed miserably.
India star Yuvraj Singh, who made a nought with the bat, more than made up for it with the ball, picking up three wickets in three overs for Punjab.
Punjab: 168/8 in 23 overs (Ravinder Singh 60, Parveez Rasool 2/28)
J&K: 120 all out in 20.4 (Parveez Rasool 33, Yuvraj Singh 3/19).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!