Punjab beat J&K in Vijay Hazare
Dharamsala: Punjab`s bowlers made up for poor performance by the team`s batsman to beat Jammu and Kashmir by 49 runs in a low-scoring weather-truncated North Zone leg encounter of the Vijay Hazare National One Day Championship here today.
Restricted to 168 for eight in 23 overs after being put into bat, Punjab bowled out J&K for 120 in 20.4 overs.
It was a spectacular batting collapse as Punjab went from 102 for one to 168 for eight but it didn`t hurt the team much as J&K also crumbled.
Opener Ravinder Singh was the batting star for Punjab with a 41-ball 60, studded with half a dozen fours and a couple of sixes.
His partner Chandan Mohan was the other decent contributor, making 38 off 45 deliveries that comprised four fours.
For J&K, Parveez Rasool and Ramdyal Punia grabbed two wickets apiece in a fine effort. Rasool then came good with the bat as well, striking a 34-ball 33 which included four fours.
But J&K were let down by their other batsmen, who failed miserably.
India star Yuvraj Singh, who made a nought with the bat, more than made up for it with the ball, picking up three wickets in three overs for Punjab.
Punjab: 168/8 in 23 overs (Ravinder Singh 60, Parveez Rasool 2/28)
J&K: 120 all out in 20.4 (Parveez Rasool 33, Yuvraj Singh 3/19).
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Pakistan's ISI spy ring busted in India, BSF jawan among 2 held in Jammu, 3 agents apprehended in Kolkata