Punjab trounce Haryana in Vijay Hazare opener
Dharamsala: Left-arm spinner Rajwinder Singh wrecked Haryana with four-wicket haul before openers eked out a comprehensive 10-wicket win in Punjab`s opening North Zone leg match of the Vijay Hazare National One-Day championship here today.
Haryana`s decision to bat first backfired as they were bowled out for 152 in 45.5 overs. In reply, Punjab hardly broke a sweat in getting to the total, taking just 29 overs to get there.
Rajwinder was the star of the show as he not just grabbed four wickets for a miserly 30 runs in 7.5 overs but also effected a couple of runouts.
Besides Rajwinder, Siddarth Kaul snapped up three wickets, conceding 33 runs in his 10 overs, three of which were maidens.
For Haryana, just four batsmen managed to touch double-digit figures with Rahul Dewan being the most notable contributor -- 60 off 106 balls, including three fours.
Sonu Puransingh Rathee`s 29-ball 23, including three fours, was the other notable contribution to the paltry total.
In reply, Punjab openers Ravi Inder Singh and Chandan Mohan toyed with the Haryana bowlers before guiding their team home.
Ravi smashed 70 off 94 deliveries. Ravi`s knock included eight fours and a six. Madan, on the other hand, took 80 deliveries for his 69 that included 11 fours.
Haryana: 153 all out in 45.5 overs (Rahul Dewan 60, Rajwinder Singh 4/30)
Punjab: 153/0 in 29 overs (Ravi Inder Singh (70 not out, Chandan Mohan 69 not out.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list