Punters bet on Tendulkar`s 100th ton at MCG
Melbourne: As the fans world over eagerly await Sachin Tendulkar`s 100th international ton, punters Down Under have placed the bets on the star cricketer getting to the elusive mark in the series-opener against Australia, starting here on December 26.
The cricketer reaching the milestone figure at the Melbourne Cricket Ground (MCG), has evoked a bid of 9/4 as per the sportsbet.com.au, an online bookmaker, the Australian media reported today.
Tendulkar is one century shy of creating the record and if he misses an opportunity to get to the historic figure at the MCG the next on the favourites list is the Sydney Cricket Ground (SCG) with odds staked at 3/1 followed by the Perth, the venue of third Test (5/1) and the Adelaide (7/1).
The 38-year-old scored an unbeaten 92 against Chairman`s XI at Canberra last week and looked in good touch during his stay at the crease.
"He is in good form with a 90-odd against the Chairman`s XI already under his belt since arriving in Australia and he`s a very good chance to achieve the phenomenal milestone during the Boxing Day Test," said sportsbet.com.au`s Ben Hawes.
"And if not, he can take some respite in the fact that the next game is at the SCG where he has pummelled Australia on several occasions," he added.
Tendulkar enjoys a healthy average of 60.6 against Australia with 11 centuries in 31 Tests and spin legend Shane Warne yesterday said he has little doubt that the batsman would get to his 100th international century on the present tour Down Under.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state