Qadir calls resting Afridi, Hafeez in final Proteas ODI big mistake
Islamabad: Legendary Test leg-spinner Abdul Qadir has said that he was surprised with the resting of Mohammad Hafeez and Shahid Afridi in the history-making third and final One-Day International against South Africa in Centurion on Saturday.
According to The Nation, keeping in view the uncertainty and trouble of South African batsmen against Afridi and Hafeez, resting them for such an important history-making match was a big mistake, Qadir said.
He added that it was a stunning decision for him as Pakistan were on the verge of making a clean-sweep against top Protease side after having won the first two ODIs in a thrilling contest.
Such a history-making occasion comes to team`s way in decades and poor planning and worthless thinking deprived Pakistan team to perform such a golden feat, he concluded.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Lalu Prasad Yadav calls PM Modi ''Kans'', BJP ''Bharat Jalao Party''
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed