Qadir calls resting Afridi, Hafeez in final Proteas ODI big mistake
Islamabad: Legendary Test leg-spinner Abdul Qadir has said that he was surprised with the resting of Mohammad Hafeez and Shahid Afridi in the history-making third and final One-Day International against South Africa in Centurion on Saturday.
According to The Nation, keeping in view the uncertainty and trouble of South African batsmen against Afridi and Hafeez, resting them for such an important history-making match was a big mistake, Qadir said.
He added that it was a stunning decision for him as Pakistan were on the verge of making a clean-sweep against top Protease side after having won the first two ODIs in a thrilling contest.
Such a history-making occasion comes to team`s way in decades and poor planning and worthless thinking deprived Pakistan team to perform such a golden feat, he concluded.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state