Rahul Dravid new Rajasthan Royals captain
Zeenews Sports Bureau
New Delhi: After Aussie spin-wizard Shane Warne’s departure, India’s Test specialist Rahul Dravid will lead the Rajasthan Royals team for the forthcoming Indian Premier League season, co-owner Shilpa Shetty announced.
"This is a huge announcement. I am extremely proud to announce that the new captain for Rajasthan Royals this season is Rahul Dravid. I am extremely proud to have him head the team. Congratulations Rahul, I am sure you will make us all proud, Go Royals!" she said.
The actress added, "IPL just takes few of my months but its so much fun and I am more than eager to learn more about the game. Hope we will do better this season."
The 42-year-old Warne had retired in May after the Rajasthan Royals` last game of the 2011 Indian Premier League.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Bollywood pays respect to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam