Rahul Dravid new Rajasthan Royals captain
Zeenews Sports Bureau
New Delhi: After Aussie spin-wizard Shane Warne’s departure, India’s Test specialist Rahul Dravid will lead the Rajasthan Royals team for the forthcoming Indian Premier League season, co-owner Shilpa Shetty announced.
"This is a huge announcement. I am extremely proud to announce that the new captain for Rajasthan Royals this season is Rahul Dravid. I am extremely proud to have him head the team. Congratulations Rahul, I am sure you will make us all proud, Go Royals!" she said.
The actress added, "IPL just takes few of my months but its so much fun and I am more than eager to learn more about the game. Hope we will do better this season."
The 42-year-old Warne had retired in May after the Rajasthan Royals` last game of the 2011 Indian Premier League.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details