Rahul Dravid to deliver Bradman lecture
Zeenews Sports Bureau
New Delhi: Rahul Dravid has been chosen to deliver the annual Sir Donald Bradman Oration on December 14 this year, Cricket Australia has announced.
“Having a distinguished player such as Rahul Dravid speak from the background of coming from a nation as passionate about cricket as we are in Australia adds to the Bradman Oration’s fine tradition.” CA’s chairman Jack Clarke said.
The lecture is organized in memory of Don Bradman to reflect on his life, career and contribution to the world of cricket.
Dravid will be the first Indian to deliver the lecture which in the past has seen personalities like former Australian PM- John Howard, former cricketers-Richie Benaud and Ricky Ponting and television personality Michael Parkinson, on the dais.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal