Rahul Dravid to deliver Bradman lecture
Zeenews Sports Bureau
New Delhi: Rahul Dravid has been chosen to deliver the annual Sir Donald Bradman Oration on December 14 this year, Cricket Australia has announced.
“Having a distinguished player such as Rahul Dravid speak from the background of coming from a nation as passionate about cricket as we are in Australia adds to the Bradman Oration’s fine tradition.” CA’s chairman Jack Clarke said.
The lecture is organized in memory of Don Bradman to reflect on his life, career and contribution to the world of cricket.
Dravid will be the first Indian to deliver the lecture which in the past has seen personalities like former Australian PM- John Howard, former cricketers-Richie Benaud and Ricky Ponting and television personality Michael Parkinson, on the dais.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- New SC bench to hear 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts convict Yakub Memon's plea on Wednesday