Rahul Dravid to deliver Bradman lecture
Zeenews Sports Bureau
New Delhi: Rahul Dravid has been chosen to deliver the annual Sir Donald Bradman Oration on December 14 this year, Cricket Australia has announced.
“Having a distinguished player such as Rahul Dravid speak from the background of coming from a nation as passionate about cricket as we are in Australia adds to the Bradman Oration’s fine tradition.” CA’s chairman Jack Clarke said.
The lecture is organized in memory of Don Bradman to reflect on his life, career and contribution to the world of cricket.
Dravid will be the first Indian to deliver the lecture which in the past has seen personalities like former Australian PM- John Howard, former cricketers-Richie Benaud and Ricky Ponting and television personality Michael Parkinson, on the dais.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress