Railways aim for an outright win vs Services
New Delhi: Having conceded a 46-run first innings lead against minnows Services, the Railways batsmen gave a better account of themselves with vice-captain Mahesh Rawat leading the charge with an impressive unbeaten 67 as Railways extended their overall lead to 178 runs.
Having dismissed Services for 153, Railways erased the deficit of 46 runs to reach 130 for six before Rawat and Ashish Yadav (32) added 94 runs for the unbroken seventh wicket stand.
Rawat has hit seven fours and a six in his 104-ball innings. Earlier, Railways got a good start with openers Shivakant Shukla and veteran India discard Murali Kartik putting on 75 runs. Kartik, who has done precious little in the matches so far, made his first significant contribution scoring 35 off 65 balls with two fours and a six.
At the start of the day, Anureet Singh (4/44) and Ranjit Mali (2/44) removed the remaining two wickets to keep the lead down to 46 runs.
Brief Scores: Railways 107 & 224/6 (Mahesh Rawat 67 batting, Ashish Yadav 32 batting, Murali Kartik 35) Services 153 (Yashpal Singh 67, Anureet Singh 4/44).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- Saina Nehwal drops four places to be no.9, status quo for PV Sindhu
- Mauritius to remain major FDI source till March 2019: Experts
- Abhinav Bindra to head NRAI review committee on Rio debacle
- Now, WhatsApp to share your phone number with Facebook
- SHOCKING: Man performing stunt on high tension wire at Mumbai's Mira road station – Watch