Railways outplay Rajasthan in Ranji match
Jaipur: Medium-pacer Anureet Singh starred with a five-wicket haul as Railways thrashed Rajasthan by 113 runs on the fourth and final day of their Ranji Trophy Group B encounter here on Sunday.
Chasing 256 for a victory, Rajasthan crumbled to 136 all out in 56.3 overs. Ranjitkumar Mali also came up with a fine bowling performance to notch up four wickets and complement Anureet.
Opener Siddharth Saraf was the top-scorer for Rajasthan with a 39 but it was shambolic performance by the rest of the line-up against a thoroughly disciplined bowling performance by the visiting side.
Overnight 5 for no loss, Rajasthan were dealt the first blow when Vineet Saxena (10) became Krishnakant Upadhyay`s only victim of the innings.
Thereafter, the collapse was pretty quick enough with four batsmen failing to touch the double-digit mark.
Rajasthan failed to build a single partnership of worth as Anureet and Mali combined to rip through the opposition line-up.
Anureet`s 53.2 overs cost merely 52 runs with 11 of them going maiden. Mali, on the other hand, gave away just 34 in his 12 overs, two of which were maiden.
With today`s win, Railways reached top of the points table in group B with 17 points after four matches.
• Railways: 283 and 150
• Rajasthan: 178 and 136 all out in 56.3 overs (Siddharth Saraf 39, Anureet Singh 5/52, Ranjitkumar Mali 4/34).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- MCA lifts ban on Shah Rukh Khan from visting Wankhede staduim
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- 2nd T20: Shahid Afridi, Anwar Ali help Pakistan win thriller against Sri Lanka
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr