Rain forces first T20 between Sri-Lanka and New Zealand to be abandoned
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Kandy: The first and the only T20 international slated to be played in New Zealand’s tour of Sri-Lanka had to be abandoned due to rain.
The match had been reduced to a 14 over a side due to a 70-minute rain interruption. Put into bat by the hosts the New Zealand innings never got going until Tim Southee hit a few lusty blows to take the tourists to 74/7 in their quota of 14 overs.
The match had to be called off just 2 overs into the Sri-Lankan chase due to heavy rain.
The two teams will now play 5 ODI matches beginning on November 1st.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- Russia might use Iran air base again to carry out attacks on terror targets in Syria
- Sri Lanka vs Australia, 2nd ODI — As it happened...
- Special session of Goa Assembly to ratify GST on August 31
- Tokyo, Seoul, Beijing to discuss North Korean missile test
- Fiji military chief visits New Zealand for rebuilding of links between the armed forces