Rain forces first T20 between Sri-Lanka and New Zealand to be abandoned
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Kandy: The first and the only T20 international slated to be played in New Zealand’s tour of Sri-Lanka had to be abandoned due to rain.
The match had been reduced to a 14 over a side due to a 70-minute rain interruption. Put into bat by the hosts the New Zealand innings never got going until Tim Southee hit a few lusty blows to take the tourists to 74/7 in their quota of 14 overs.
The match had to be called off just 2 overs into the Sri-Lankan chase due to heavy rain.
The two teams will now play 5 ODI matches beginning on November 1st.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details