Rain forces first T20 between Sri-Lanka and New Zealand to be abandoned
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Kandy: The first and the only T20 international slated to be played in New Zealand’s tour of Sri-Lanka had to be abandoned due to rain.
The match had been reduced to a 14 over a side due to a 70-minute rain interruption. Put into bat by the hosts the New Zealand innings never got going until Tim Southee hit a few lusty blows to take the tourists to 74/7 in their quota of 14 overs.
The match had to be called off just 2 overs into the Sri-Lankan chase due to heavy rain.
The two teams will now play 5 ODI matches beginning on November 1st.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!