Rain forces first T20 between Sri-Lanka and New Zealand to be abandoned
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Kandy: The first and the only T20 international slated to be played in New Zealand’s tour of Sri-Lanka had to be abandoned due to rain.
The match had been reduced to a 14 over a side due to a 70-minute rain interruption. Put into bat by the hosts the New Zealand innings never got going until Tim Southee hit a few lusty blows to take the tourists to 74/7 in their quota of 14 overs.
The match had to be called off just 2 overs into the Sri-Lankan chase due to heavy rain.
The two teams will now play 5 ODI matches beginning on November 1st.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- German president 'horrified' by 'murderous attack' in Munich
- Munich newspaper says has unconfirmed report one shooter dead
- Indian consulate in Munich puts out advisory
- Chancellor Angela Merkel to convene German security council after Munich shootings: spokesman
- Merkel aide says cannot confirm Munich shooting was terrorism