Rain forces first T20 between Sri-Lanka and New Zealand to be abandoned
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Kandy: The first and the only T20 international slated to be played in New Zealand’s tour of Sri-Lanka had to be abandoned due to rain.
The match had been reduced to a 14 over a side due to a 70-minute rain interruption. Put into bat by the hosts the New Zealand innings never got going until Tim Southee hit a few lusty blows to take the tourists to 74/7 in their quota of 14 overs.
The match had to be called off just 2 overs into the Sri-Lankan chase due to heavy rain.
The two teams will now play 5 ODI matches beginning on November 1st.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Quota stir in Gujarat phase-II: Hardik Patel's PAAS to begin 'lollipop Mahotsav' protest from today
- Real Estate Act, designed to protect consumer interest, comes into force from today
- What an idea! Here's why NCP workers in Maharashtra danced in 'Nagin' style - Watch video
- John Kerry to travel to Geneva on Sunday in show of support for Syria ceasefire: US
- Istanbul braces for police lockdown on May Day