Raj Kundra ‘shocked’ at his suspension by BCCI, vows to fight
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Hours after he was suspended by the BCCI for his alleged role in IPL betting scandal, Rajasthan Royals co-owner Raj Kundra issued a statement on Monday expressing his shock against the move.
Kundra issued a statement on micro-blogging site Twitter and said that he will fight against the move.
“I am shocked and upset at the unilateral decision taken today by the BCCI and will fight the grounds of suspension,” he said.
Kundra further claimed that all accusations against him were baseless as they didn’t have any proofs.
“All sorts of accusations were made against me without proof, by people positions,” he said.
Kundra also slammed the media for making him a scapegoat in the entire issue.
He wrote, “I am being made a scapegoat and put under trial by the media based on unproved claims.
Meanwhile, Kundra’s counsel Majeed Memon described the move by the BCCI as shocking.
“It’s shocking to find that BCCI has taken a unilateral decision to suspend Raj Kundra. We’re hearing this from media. They haven’t even sent a show cause notice,” he said.
"There is no substance in the allegations against Raj Kundra, this decision of the BCCI is most unjust," Memon said on Monday.
Rajasthan Royals have already issued a statement saying that Kundra is only a minority shareholder in the franchise and if he is found guilty, he’ll forfeit his shares.
His name came in a statement recorded by his business partner Umesh Goenka, a bookie, during investigations.
Delhi Police claimed that Kundra was into betting but not into fixing. The questioning was basically on betting, police sources said.
Delhi police had seized Kundra`s passport and asked him not to leave the country till the spot-fixing probe was over.
Kundra and his wife Shilpa Shetty have 11.7 percent stakes in Rajasthan Royals through Kuki Investment.
Suresh Chellaram and Family (Tresco International Limited) have the bulk of the shares with 44.2 percent while Manoj Badale (Emerging Media) has 32.4 percent stakes. Lachlan Murdoch (Blue Water Estate Limited) has 11.7 percent stakes.
With PTI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Meanwhile, Russian forces arrive in Pakistan for `Friendship 2016` joint military drill