Rajasthan cruise to 188-run victory in Cooch Behar Trophy
Jaipur: Abhmanyu Lamba (5/39) and Akhil Lamba (3/46) shared eight wickets between them to guide Rajasthan to a huge 188-run victory over Railways in the under-19 Cooch Behar Trophy plate group semifinal match on Sunday.
The victory has earned Rajasthan a place in the knock-out phase of the tournament. They would be taking on Uttar Pradesh in the quarterfinal from January 13 at the Sawai Man Singh stadium here.
Chasing a stiff target of 403 runs, Railways resumed their innings at 27 for one, but the visitors failed to negotaite Abhimanyu and Akhil, who simply ran through their batting line-up.
After a good opening session at the end of which they were 153 for three, Railways lost as many as seven wickets in the afternoon to be bundled out for 214.
Akshat Pandey (52) was the top-scorer with a resolute half-century, while Rohit Sherawat (49), Dhanraj Singh (27) and Bhupendra Singh (19) also got starts but failed to convert them into big scores.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details