Rajasthan firmly in control over Railways
Jaipur: Akhil Lamba (5/39) and Abhimanyu Lamba (4/29) shared nine wickets between them to help Rajasthan take 136-run first innings lead against Railways in the Under-19 Cooch Behar Trophy plate group semifinal match on Friday.
At stumps on the second day, Rajasthan were 72 for four in their second innings with Farhan Khan (11) and Sachin Malav (2) at the crease. The hosts now have an overall lead of 208 with 6 wickets in hand.
By virtue of the first innings lead, Rajasthan has moved a step closer towards a quarterfinal berth.
Earlier, resuming at 19 for no loss, Railways were bowled out for 119 in 57.1 overs in reply to Rajasthan`s first innings total of 255.
Akhil and Abhinanyu ripped through the Railways batting line-up after an opening stand of 23.
Number seven batsman Harjeet Singh top scored for Railways with 35, while openers Dhanraj Singh (13) and Avinash Nair (18) were the other two batsmen who managed double digit scores.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zakir Naik's 'IRF' converted many to Islam?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- LOL: Never ever say these annoying things to a tall person! – Watch video
- Max Landis writing 'Pepe Le Pew' movie!
- Demand to ban advertisements on fairness creams in RS
- Migaloo sighting alert! White humpback whale spotted off Australia's Byron Bay (See pic)
- 'Iron Lady' Irom Sharmila to end 16-year fast on August 9, contest elections in Manipur