Rajasthan firmly in control over Railways
Jaipur: Akhil Lamba (5/39) and Abhimanyu Lamba (4/29) shared nine wickets between them to help Rajasthan take 136-run first innings lead against Railways in the Under-19 Cooch Behar Trophy plate group semifinal match on Friday.
At stumps on the second day, Rajasthan were 72 for four in their second innings with Farhan Khan (11) and Sachin Malav (2) at the crease. The hosts now have an overall lead of 208 with 6 wickets in hand.
By virtue of the first innings lead, Rajasthan has moved a step closer towards a quarterfinal berth.
Earlier, resuming at 19 for no loss, Railways were bowled out for 119 in 57.1 overs in reply to Rajasthan`s first innings total of 255.
Akhil and Abhinanyu ripped through the Railways batting line-up after an opening stand of 23.
Number seven batsman Harjeet Singh top scored for Railways with 35, while openers Dhanraj Singh (13) and Avinash Nair (18) were the other two batsmen who managed double digit scores.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- US, UN condemn Syria hospital bombing in war-ravaged Aleppo
- F-16 to boost precision strike capability in anti-terror operations: Pakistan
- UN Security Council readies North Korea missile test reply
- US Vice President Joe Biden on surprise visit to Iraq
- Panama papers scandal: Russia to join global fight against tax evasion