Rajasthan firmly in control over Railways
Jaipur: Akhil Lamba (5/39) and Abhimanyu Lamba (4/29) shared nine wickets between them to help Rajasthan take 136-run first innings lead against Railways in the Under-19 Cooch Behar Trophy plate group semifinal match on Friday.
At stumps on the second day, Rajasthan were 72 for four in their second innings with Farhan Khan (11) and Sachin Malav (2) at the crease. The hosts now have an overall lead of 208 with 6 wickets in hand.
By virtue of the first innings lead, Rajasthan has moved a step closer towards a quarterfinal berth.
Earlier, resuming at 19 for no loss, Railways were bowled out for 119 in 57.1 overs in reply to Rajasthan`s first innings total of 255.
Akhil and Abhinanyu ripped through the Railways batting line-up after an opening stand of 23.
Number seven batsman Harjeet Singh top scored for Railways with 35, while openers Dhanraj Singh (13) and Avinash Nair (18) were the other two batsmen who managed double digit scores.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre