Rajasthan firmly in control over Railways
Jaipur: Akhil Lamba (5/39) and Abhimanyu Lamba (4/29) shared nine wickets between them to help Rajasthan take 136-run first innings lead against Railways in the Under-19 Cooch Behar Trophy plate group semifinal match on Friday.
At stumps on the second day, Rajasthan were 72 for four in their second innings with Farhan Khan (11) and Sachin Malav (2) at the crease. The hosts now have an overall lead of 208 with 6 wickets in hand.
By virtue of the first innings lead, Rajasthan has moved a step closer towards a quarterfinal berth.
Earlier, resuming at 19 for no loss, Railways were bowled out for 119 in 57.1 overs in reply to Rajasthan`s first innings total of 255.
Akhil and Abhinanyu ripped through the Railways batting line-up after an opening stand of 23.
Number seven batsman Harjeet Singh top scored for Railways with 35, while openers Dhanraj Singh (13) and Avinash Nair (18) were the other two batsmen who managed double digit scores.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- DNA: Heroes of surgical strike receives gallantry award
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Should there be strict laws against cow slaughter? Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath seeks public opinion
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested