Rajasthan firmly in control over Railways
Jaipur: Akhil Lamba (5/39) and Abhimanyu Lamba (4/29) shared nine wickets between them to help Rajasthan take 136-run first innings lead against Railways in the Under-19 Cooch Behar Trophy plate group semifinal match on Friday.
At stumps on the second day, Rajasthan were 72 for four in their second innings with Farhan Khan (11) and Sachin Malav (2) at the crease. The hosts now have an overall lead of 208 with 6 wickets in hand.
By virtue of the first innings lead, Rajasthan has moved a step closer towards a quarterfinal berth.
Earlier, resuming at 19 for no loss, Railways were bowled out for 119 in 57.1 overs in reply to Rajasthan`s first innings total of 255.
Akhil and Abhinanyu ripped through the Railways batting line-up after an opening stand of 23.
Number seven batsman Harjeet Singh top scored for Railways with 35, while openers Dhanraj Singh (13) and Avinash Nair (18) were the other two batsmen who managed double digit scores.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Hot scoop! THIS actress has replaced Alia Bhatt in Rohit Shetty's next?
- Argentina coach Edgardo Bauza keen on reducing Lionel Messi's workload
- Amarinder Singh makes fresh offer to Navjot Singh Sidhu, says he has Congress in his DNA
- Rio 2016: After golden Olympic run, Justin Rose returns to regular job
- Manohar Parrikar asks Navy Chief to probe Scorpene-class submarines documents leak