Rajasthan Royals sign Owais Shah as Warne`s replacement
New Delhi: Rajasthan Royals have signed England batsman Owais Shah for the fifth edition of the Indian Premier League (IPL) as a replacement for spin king Shane Warne, who had retired from all formats of cricket.
Warne had led the Royals in the first four seasons of the IPL, but for the upcoming season Rahul Dravid would captain the side.
The 33-year-old Shah, who represented the Kolkata Knight Riders, Delhi Daredevils and Kochi Tuskers Kerala in previous seasons of the cash-rich event, has a lot of experience of playing in the IPL.
"We are delighted to have signed on Owais Shah to play for the Rajasthan Royals. He is one of the most exciting batsmen in the world and has been particularly outstanding in the shorter forms of the game," Raghu Iyer, CEO, Jaipur IPL Cricket Pvt Ltd, said.
Shah has also played 17 Twenty20 internationals for England and has a half-century to his credit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: Shiv Sena leading in 50 seats, BJP in 32; big prestige battle for both parties
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Election Results 2017 LIVE: Shiv Sena ahead in Mumbai and Thane, BJP gains lead in Pune, Nagpur, Solapur; NCP wins 4 seats in Ulhasnagar