Rajasthan Royals sign Owais Shah as Warne`s replacement
New Delhi: Rajasthan Royals have signed England batsman Owais Shah for the fifth edition of the Indian Premier League (IPL) as a replacement for spin king Shane Warne, who had retired from all formats of cricket.
Warne had led the Royals in the first four seasons of the IPL, but for the upcoming season Rahul Dravid would captain the side.
The 33-year-old Shah, who represented the Kolkata Knight Riders, Delhi Daredevils and Kochi Tuskers Kerala in previous seasons of the cash-rich event, has a lot of experience of playing in the IPL.
"We are delighted to have signed on Owais Shah to play for the Rajasthan Royals. He is one of the most exciting batsmen in the world and has been particularly outstanding in the shorter forms of the game," Raghu Iyer, CEO, Jaipur IPL Cricket Pvt Ltd, said.
Shah has also played 17 Twenty20 internationals for England and has a half-century to his credit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE Results 2015: 12th board exam results to be declared on May 25