Rajasthan Royals sign Owais Shah as Warne`s replacement
New Delhi: Rajasthan Royals have signed England batsman Owais Shah for the fifth edition of the Indian Premier League (IPL) as a replacement for spin king Shane Warne, who had retired from all formats of cricket.
Warne had led the Royals in the first four seasons of the IPL, but for the upcoming season Rahul Dravid would captain the side.
The 33-year-old Shah, who represented the Kolkata Knight Riders, Delhi Daredevils and Kochi Tuskers Kerala in previous seasons of the cash-rich event, has a lot of experience of playing in the IPL.
"We are delighted to have signed on Owais Shah to play for the Rajasthan Royals. He is one of the most exciting batsmen in the world and has been particularly outstanding in the shorter forms of the game," Raghu Iyer, CEO, Jaipur IPL Cricket Pvt Ltd, said.
Shah has also played 17 Twenty20 internationals for England and has a half-century to his credit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’