Rajasthan Royals sign Owais Shah as Warne`s replacement
New Delhi: Rajasthan Royals have signed England batsman Owais Shah for the fifth edition of the Indian Premier League (IPL) as a replacement for spin king Shane Warne, who had retired from all formats of cricket.
Warne had led the Royals in the first four seasons of the IPL, but for the upcoming season Rahul Dravid would captain the side.
The 33-year-old Shah, who represented the Kolkata Knight Riders, Delhi Daredevils and Kochi Tuskers Kerala in previous seasons of the cash-rich event, has a lot of experience of playing in the IPL.
"We are delighted to have signed on Owais Shah to play for the Rajasthan Royals. He is one of the most exciting batsmen in the world and has been particularly outstanding in the shorter forms of the game," Raghu Iyer, CEO, Jaipur IPL Cricket Pvt Ltd, said.
Shah has also played 17 Twenty20 internationals for England and has a half-century to his credit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy?
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part II
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part III
- Is it fair to be told your car just turned scrap: Maruti chief RC Bhargava
- Department of Posts fails to pay tax, CBEC faults officials
- Can you believe it? Ranbir Kapoor, Ranveer Singh danced to 'Dilli Wali Girlfriend' setting the party on fire!- WATCH
- Arshad Warsi all set to don director's hat!
- GST Bill: Arun Jaitley to meet state finance ministers on Tuesday