Rajasthan Royals sign Owais Shah as Warne`s replacement
New Delhi: Rajasthan Royals have signed England batsman Owais Shah for the fifth edition of the Indian Premier League (IPL) as a replacement for spin king Shane Warne, who had retired from all formats of cricket.
Warne had led the Royals in the first four seasons of the IPL, but for the upcoming season Rahul Dravid would captain the side.
The 33-year-old Shah, who represented the Kolkata Knight Riders, Delhi Daredevils and Kochi Tuskers Kerala in previous seasons of the cash-rich event, has a lot of experience of playing in the IPL.
"We are delighted to have signed on Owais Shah to play for the Rajasthan Royals. He is one of the most exciting batsmen in the world and has been particularly outstanding in the shorter forms of the game," Raghu Iyer, CEO, Jaipur IPL Cricket Pvt Ltd, said.
Shah has also played 17 Twenty20 internationals for England and has a half-century to his credit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000km strategic road
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000 km strategic road - Part II
- WTA world rankings: Serena Williams still reigns as number one
- OP Jaisha marathon row: Vijay Goyal passes the buck to IOA, assures probe
- Xiaomi likely to unveil Redmi Note 4 on August 25
- Natural to express grief over mistreatment of Dalits: LK Advani
- Hundreds of NASA's studies now available online for free!