Rajasthan takes firm grip over match against TN
Chennai: Rajasthan top and middle order batted splendidly as the visitors are all set to take first innings lead against Tamil Nadu in their Ranji Trophy Group B match, here today.
Openers Siddarth Saraf (63) and Vineet Saxena (83) provided the base and then Ashok Menaria (62) and Hrishikesh Kanitkar (38 batting) capitalised to bring the visitors to 307 for four wickets at draw of stumps.
Rajasthan now need just 11 runs to surpass Tamil Nadu first innings total of 318.
Saraf and Saxena added 163 runs before the former made exit. Eight overs later, Saxena also walked back and Rajasthan also suffered another blow when a dependable Robin Bist was clean bowled by Rahil Shah for 3.
However, Kanitkar, who is unbeaten on 38 and Menaria made sure that the good work done by the top order batsmen does not go waste. But minutes before the close of play, Menaria was adjudged leg before the wicket to Vijay Shankar.
Menaria made a superb 62 off 69 balls with 11 fours and two sixes.
At close, Rajesh Bishnoi (20) was giving company to Kanitkar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Jallikattu protests continue in Tamil Nadu, sea of protesters camp on Marina beach