Rajasthan takes firm grip over match against TN
Chennai: Rajasthan top and middle order batted splendidly as the visitors are all set to take first innings lead against Tamil Nadu in their Ranji Trophy Group B match, here today.
Openers Siddarth Saraf (63) and Vineet Saxena (83) provided the base and then Ashok Menaria (62) and Hrishikesh Kanitkar (38 batting) capitalised to bring the visitors to 307 for four wickets at draw of stumps.
Rajasthan now need just 11 runs to surpass Tamil Nadu first innings total of 318.
Saraf and Saxena added 163 runs before the former made exit. Eight overs later, Saxena also walked back and Rajasthan also suffered another blow when a dependable Robin Bist was clean bowled by Rahil Shah for 3.
However, Kanitkar, who is unbeaten on 38 and Menaria made sure that the good work done by the top order batsmen does not go waste. But minutes before the close of play, Menaria was adjudged leg before the wicket to Vijay Shankar.
Menaria made a superb 62 off 69 balls with 11 fours and two sixes.
At close, Rajesh Bishnoi (20) was giving company to Kanitkar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Trade unions` strike hits normal life across India
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news