Rajiv Shukla confident of Kanpur hosting India-West Indies ODI
Kanpur: Following a BCCI inspection, Cricket Board Vice President Rajiv Shukla on Wednesday expressed confidence that the Green Park stadium here will be ready in time to host the third One-day International between India and the West Indies next month.
An inspection team headed by BCCI official Ratnakar Shetty visited the stadium to monitor the progress of the ongoing repair work.
"The inspection team found some areas that need improvement to make the stadium international standard. It has been conveyed to the Green Park authorities, who have been asked to make necessary changes," Shukla said.
"The team will submit its report to the BCCI in a day or two after which any decision on scheduling the match will be taken," he said.
India will play the West Indies in a three-match ODI series and the final encounter is scheduled to be held in either Baroda or Kanpur.
The UPCA President, however, said that the stadium is fully prepared to host an international match.
"Our first priority is Kanpur. We want to host the match here. I am confident that the third ODI will be held at this stadium," said Shukla.
On preparations at the Wankhede Stadium which will be hosting Sachin Tendulkar`s 200th and final Test, Shukla said: "We will leave no stone unturned to make the Test at Mumbai a memorable one for Sachin. Preparations are going at full swing."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- Pandal Politics: Shiv Sena slams Bombay High Court's order- Part 2
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Manipur ambush: Key NSCN(K) leader involved in killing of 18 Army personnel arrested by NIA
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes