Rajiv Shukla confident of Kanpur hosting India-West Indies ODI
Kanpur: Following a BCCI inspection, Cricket Board Vice President Rajiv Shukla on Wednesday expressed confidence that the Green Park stadium here will be ready in time to host the third One-day International between India and the West Indies next month.
An inspection team headed by BCCI official Ratnakar Shetty visited the stadium to monitor the progress of the ongoing repair work.
"The inspection team found some areas that need improvement to make the stadium international standard. It has been conveyed to the Green Park authorities, who have been asked to make necessary changes," Shukla said.
"The team will submit its report to the BCCI in a day or two after which any decision on scheduling the match will be taken," he said.
India will play the West Indies in a three-match ODI series and the final encounter is scheduled to be held in either Baroda or Kanpur.
The UPCA President, however, said that the stadium is fully prepared to host an international match.
"Our first priority is Kanpur. We want to host the match here. I am confident that the third ODI will be held at this stadium," said Shukla.
On preparations at the Wankhede Stadium which will be hosting Sachin Tendulkar`s 200th and final Test, Shukla said: "We will leave no stone unturned to make the Test at Mumbai a memorable one for Sachin. Preparations are going at full swing."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- OROP issue: With no breakthrough in sight, Army veterans may meet PM Narendra Modi today
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police