Rajkot`s Khandheri stadium to host India-England ODI next year
Rajkot: Saurashtra Cricket Association`s newly constructed Khandheri stadium will host its maiden One-dayer when England visits the country early next year to play a five-match ODI series.
"The first ODI match would be played at Khandheri on January 11, 2013 between India and England," SCA honorary secretary Niranjan Shah said in a statement, while announcing BCCI tournament programme 2012-13.
The remaining four ODIs will be played at Kochi (Jan 15), Ranchi (Jan 19), Dharmashala (Jan 23) and Chandigarh (Jan 27), the release said.
From October 7, 1986 to December 15, 2009, as many as 12 matches were played at the Madhavrao Scindia Cricket Ground, which is owned by the Rajkot Municipal Corporation (RMC).
Besides the first India-England ODI, NKP Salve Challenger trophy matches and five Ranji trophy matches would also be played at Khandheri stadium, the release said.
The NKP Salve Challenger trophy would be starting here from September 29 this year in which three teams Bengal, India A and India B will be playing against each other in day-night encounters.
The final match of the tournament would be played on October 2.
Saurashtra Ranji Trophy team will play five matches at their home ground -- at this stadium -- this season, the release added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents