Rajkot`s Khandheri stadium to host India-England ODI next year
Rajkot: Saurashtra Cricket Association`s newly constructed Khandheri stadium will host its maiden One-dayer when England visits the country early next year to play a five-match ODI series.
"The first ODI match would be played at Khandheri on January 11, 2013 between India and England," SCA honorary secretary Niranjan Shah said in a statement, while announcing BCCI tournament programme 2012-13.
The remaining four ODIs will be played at Kochi (Jan 15), Ranchi (Jan 19), Dharmashala (Jan 23) and Chandigarh (Jan 27), the release said.
From October 7, 1986 to December 15, 2009, as many as 12 matches were played at the Madhavrao Scindia Cricket Ground, which is owned by the Rajkot Municipal Corporation (RMC).
Besides the first India-England ODI, NKP Salve Challenger trophy matches and five Ranji trophy matches would also be played at Khandheri stadium, the release said.
The NKP Salve Challenger trophy would be starting here from September 29 this year in which three teams Bengal, India A and India B will be playing against each other in day-night encounters.
The final match of the tournament would be played on October 2.
Saurashtra Ranji Trophy team will play five matches at their home ground -- at this stadium -- this season, the release added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress