Rajwinder Golu scalps five as Punjab through to knock-out
New Delhi: Left-arm spinner Rajwinder Singh Golu had career-best figures of five for 20 as Punjab crushed Himachal Pradesh by 84 runs at the Palam ground, to comfortably make it to the knock-out stages of the National One Day Championship for Vijay Hazare Trophy.
Punjab scored 217 for eight in 50 overs and then Rajwinder ripped through the HP middle-order to dismiss them for 133 runs in 41.5 overs. Punjab thus finished second in the group with four victories having lost one match against Delhi.
Skipper Harbhajan Singh was again at his economical best as he had figures of one for 31 in eight overs.
For Punjab, in-from Gurkirat Singh Ahluwalia scored 59 while Taruwar Kohli (31) and Mandeep Singh (34) made some useful contributions.
Himachal Pradesh`s Rishi Dhawan put up an all-round show which went in-vain. Rishi grabbed two for 44 while bowling and then hit 43 off 51 deliveries with the help of seven fours and a six.
Brief Scores: Punjab 217/8 (GS Ahluwalia 59, R Singh 3/38, R Dhawan 2/44). HP 133 in 41.5 overs (R Dhawan 43, RS Golu 5/20).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Soldier buried under Siachen avalanche snow rescued after six days
- DNA: Analysis on India's naval prowess at International Fleet Review
- Essel Group launches 'Asha 2022' affordable housing scheme
- Soldier buried under avalanche found alive at Siachen glacier
- PM Modi praises Ekal Vidyalaya Foundation, deems mission successful
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'