Rajwinder Golu scalps five as Punjab through to knock-out
New Delhi: Left-arm spinner Rajwinder Singh Golu had career-best figures of five for 20 as Punjab crushed Himachal Pradesh by 84 runs at the Palam ground, to comfortably make it to the knock-out stages of the National One Day Championship for Vijay Hazare Trophy.
Punjab scored 217 for eight in 50 overs and then Rajwinder ripped through the HP middle-order to dismiss them for 133 runs in 41.5 overs. Punjab thus finished second in the group with four victories having lost one match against Delhi.
Skipper Harbhajan Singh was again at his economical best as he had figures of one for 31 in eight overs.
For Punjab, in-from Gurkirat Singh Ahluwalia scored 59 while Taruwar Kohli (31) and Mandeep Singh (34) made some useful contributions.
Himachal Pradesh`s Rishi Dhawan put up an all-round show which went in-vain. Rishi grabbed two for 44 while bowling and then hit 43 off 51 deliveries with the help of seven fours and a six.
Brief Scores: Punjab 217/8 (GS Ahluwalia 59, R Singh 3/38, R Dhawan 2/44). HP 133 in 41.5 overs (R Dhawan 43, RS Golu 5/20).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?