Ramdin left out of Windies squad for Pak ODIs
Islamabad: West Indies wicketkeeper Denesh Ramdin has reportedly been left out of the squad for the first two ODIs against Pakistan in Guyana later this month, while fast bowler Ravi Rampaul, who injured his ankle in the opening match of the ODI tri-series a couple of weeks ago, remains sidelined.
Ramdin has hit only one half-century since his recall to the West Indies one-day side in October 2011, and has been dropped in several recent matches, both during the ICC Champions Trophy and the home tri-series with India and Sri Lanka.
The report further said that West Indies used opener Johnson Charles behind the stumps in the absence of Ramdin, although they have not picked any specialist wicketkeeper for the squad yet.
Ramdin`s axing from the squad is a small drop in the recent spate of poor performances shown by West Indies in the one-day format over the past 12 months, having lost to Bangladesh and Australia besides a disappointing Champions Trophy campaign and getting knocked out of the home tri-series before the final.
The report further said that the team`s only recent series win is the home victory over lightweights Zimbabwe, adding that they will be looking to improve that record when Pakistan arrives for five ODIs and two Twenty20s, in a series which begins on Sunday.
Squad for first two ODIs:
Dwayne Bravo (captain), Tino Best, Darren Bravo, Johnson Charles, Chris Gayle, Jason Holder, Sunil Narine, Kieron Pollard, Kemar Roach, Darren Sammy, Marlon Samuels, Lendl Simmons, Devon Smith.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users