Ramdin, Russell dropped from Windies T20 squad
Castries (St. Lucia): Wicket keeper Denesh Ramdin has again been left out of the West Indies 13-man squad for the T20 Internationals against Pakistan in St. Vincent this weekend.
Ramdin was left out of the ODI squad for the five-match series against Pakistan which ended in victory for Pakistan on Wednesday.
He has hit only one half-century since his recall to the West Indies one-day side in October 2011, and had been dropped in several recent matches, during the Champions Trophy and the home tri-series which also featured India and Sri Lanka.
The only other player dropped is all-rounder Andre Russell.
The squad named on Wednesday includes 10 members of the team which beat Sri Lanka to win the World T20 at the Premadasa Stadium last October.
Chris Gayle and Marlon Samuels, who missed the previous T20 series against Zimbabwe in March due to rest and injury respectively, have been included.
Kieron Pollard was retained despite his poor limited-overs form in 2013, making six ducks in ODIs.
The World Champions Windies will face the visitors at the Arnos Vales Sports Complex on Saturday and Sunday.
The games are West Indies’ last international fixtures before the inaugural Caribbean Premier League begins on July 30.
Full squad: Darren Sammy (Captain), Samuel Badree, Christopher Barnwell, Tino Best, Darren Bravo, Dwayne Bravo, Johnson Charles, Shannon Gabriel, Chris Gayle, Kieron Pollard, Sunil Narine, Marlon Samuels, Lendl Simmons.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Russia bombs ISIS headquarters in Syria, video goes viral on internet - Watch
- In Pics: Indian Super League 2015 opening ceremony!
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Read: What Salman Khan has to say about Akshay's 'Singh Is Bliing'