Ramdin, Russell dropped from Windies T20 squad
Castries (St. Lucia): Wicket keeper Denesh Ramdin has again been left out of the West Indies 13-man squad for the T20 Internationals against Pakistan in St. Vincent this weekend.
Ramdin was left out of the ODI squad for the five-match series against Pakistan which ended in victory for Pakistan on Wednesday.
He has hit only one half-century since his recall to the West Indies one-day side in October 2011, and had been dropped in several recent matches, during the Champions Trophy and the home tri-series which also featured India and Sri Lanka.
The only other player dropped is all-rounder Andre Russell.
The squad named on Wednesday includes 10 members of the team which beat Sri Lanka to win the World T20 at the Premadasa Stadium last October.
Chris Gayle and Marlon Samuels, who missed the previous T20 series against Zimbabwe in March due to rest and injury respectively, have been included.
Kieron Pollard was retained despite his poor limited-overs form in 2013, making six ducks in ODIs.
The World Champions Windies will face the visitors at the Arnos Vales Sports Complex on Saturday and Sunday.
The games are West Indies’ last international fixtures before the inaugural Caribbean Premier League begins on July 30.
Full squad: Darren Sammy (Captain), Samuel Badree, Christopher Barnwell, Tino Best, Darren Bravo, Dwayne Bravo, Johnson Charles, Shannon Gabriel, Chris Gayle, Kieron Pollard, Sunil Narine, Marlon Samuels, Lendl Simmons.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH