Ramdin says T&T not vulnerable under pressure
Chennai: Despite suffering two back-to-back defeats in close matches in the on-going Champions League T20 tournament, Trinidad and Tobago wicketkeeper Denesh Ramdin on Friday denied that his team becomes vulnerable in pressure situations.
"Not really. We had two close games and the guys are still confident. We still have two games left and if we can have a good match against Chennai Super Kings, we can get our campaign back on track," said Ramdin at a press conference.
He also insisted that his team is capable of defending a total, even though T&T have lost two consecutive games while chasing.
"We are capable of chasing (a target) or batting first, according to the situation. We`ll be ok," said Ramdin.
Asked if the West Indian outfit has any specific plan to deal with the former T&T player -- Dwayne Bravo – whose blazing 25-ball-46 guided Chennai to victory against Cape Cobras in the previous game, Ramdin said, "We have our plans but he is a good player, plays shots all around the ground.
"He played well in a pressure situation for Chennai the other night."
Ramdin, however, expressed confidence that T&T would be able to counter Bravo just the way they negated Kieron Pollard in their match against Mumbai Indians.
T&T will take on home favourites and defending champions Chennai Super Kings on October 2.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31