Ramiz Raja says Pak`s Champions Trophy chances depend on `good, consistent` batting
Islamabad: Former Pakistan captain Ramiz Raja has said that Pakistan`s chances in the ICC Champions Trophy will depend on good and consistent batting show, despite their emphatic win over South Africa in a warm-up game of the mega event.
Mohammad Hafeez and Imran Farhat scored fine half centuries as Pakistan eased to seven-wicket victory over South Africa in the warm-up fixture at the Oval, London.
However, Raja, who is a cricket analyst now, said that even though Pakistan needs to maintain their momentum given their batting troubles in the South Africa tour, he is confident that the side can do better in England.
Expressing the hope that left handed opener Nasir Jamshed would do well in the Champions Trophy despite struggling in South Africa and on the tour of Scotland and Ireland, Raja gave a high rating to Pakistan`s bowling attack, saying that he felt that they were capable of reaching the semi-finals with Junaid Khan, Mohammad Irfan and Saeed Ajmal in their fold.
Another former Pakistan captain Aamir Sohail said that conditions would play a very important role in Pakistan`s chances for the premier eight-nation contest, adding with batting as key focus, the team has bright chances to reach the semi-final.
Stating that Pakistan is second favourites in Group B with West Indies, South Africa and India, Sohail however, said that pacers Asad Ali, Wahab Riaz and Junaid Khan lacked killer instinct.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- CBSE Class X Results 2015 to be announced today?
- Lalu Yadav invites Jitan Ram Manjhi for joint fight against BJP, JD(U) upset
- Littering, defacement to be made punishable offence
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 may not be announced today
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door