Ramprakash becomes England’s new batting coach
London: Former batsman Mark Ramprakash has become a batting coach with England as the national team continues to reshuffle their management team.
Ramprakash is in India working with the next generation of talent, and he said he would love to forge a career in coaching.
The former England star admits he is envious of the support young players receive now, and added he spent much of his early days watching Mike Gatting eat curries and drink pints of beer!
Ramprakash is in Mumbai helping the England Performance Programme, the players earmarked for senior recognition.
Ramprakash scored just two tons in 52 Tests despite being one of the most technically gifted batsmen, as he was too tensed up at international level.
“The ups and downs in my career should help me as a coach. I can identify with players perhaps trying too hard, feeling under pressure,” the Sun quoted Ramprakash, as saying.
“I’m envious of what these kids have. I look at their opportunities, training methods and attention to detail. They have recovery techniques too. When I started, a recovery technique was a curry and diet coke — watching Gatt eating his and have a few pints,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list