Ranji Trophy final: Vinay Kumar confident of Karnataka taking four early wickets
Hyderabad: Despite a spirited fightback by Maharashtra on the penultimate day of their Ranji Trophy final, Karnataka captain R Vinay Kumar expressed confidence of his team taking the rest of the four wickets of their opponents early tomorrow and claim the title.
"I would say we are 90 per cent through. There is 10 per cent we have to put efforts to get four early wickets tomorrow morning and try to finish," Vinay Kumar told reporters after the end of the fourth day`s play.
At stumps on day four, Maharashtra were leading by 62 runs with just four wickets in hand.
Vinay Kumar expressed happiness over taking 300 first class wickets.
"I am feeling great. I would like to thank everyone who supported me, especially my coach and my family members," he said.
Karnataka finished their first innings on 515 taking a sizeable 210 run first innings lead. In reply, Maharashtra were 272 for six in their second essay courtesy 112 by Kedar Jadhav and his 118-run partnership for the third wicket with Ankit Bawne (61).
Jadhav said he was disappointed that his team lost four wickets in the final session today.
"Obviously, when we play a five-day game you have to play every session well. We did not play first two days well, it is costing us. Let us hope we do something special tomorrow," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Heavy rainfall expected in Vidarbha, Telangana, Andhra; Monsoon set to enter Delhi, Punjab, Haryana
- India's spectrum proceeds seen way below target at $10-$12 bn: HSBC
- England's Roy Hodgson dismisses report of Wayne Rooney-Jamie Vardy rift
- China, Russia fed up with US hegemony: Chinese daily
- BJP ally Shiv Sena accuses saffron party of spreading falsehood, rumours