Ranji Trophy: Goa beat Andhra by 8 wickets
Porvorim: Goa collected six points as they scored an easy eight-wicket win over Andhra to finish their Group `C` league engagement with 28 points and kept themselves in the fray for the knock stage of the Ranji Trophy, here on Wednesday.
Resuming from overnight score of 32 for three, Andhra`s M Sriram (34) and B Sudhakar (24) added 48 runs before both fell in quick succession to Amit Yadav leaving their side tottering at 89/5.
D Sivakumar, who remained unbeaten on 26 put on resistance with wickets falling at regular interval, shared a 53 runs for the eighth-wicket along with K Harish (31) before Harshad Gadekar dismissed latter and P Vijay Kumar (0) to claim four wickets as Andhra were bowled out for 160 in their second innings, at Academy ground here.
Shadab Jakati and Amit Yadav were the other successful bowlers for Goa, who claimed three wickets each.
Requiring a target of 42 to win, Goa went past the finishing line by losing wickets of openers Swapnil Asnodkar (8) and A S Desai (10).
Sagun Kamat (18) and Rohit Asnodkar(5) remained unbeaten.
With two teams required to qualify from the group for quarterfinals, Maharashtra, which is leading the table has already made it to the next stage. The second team to qualify from this group will be known tomorrow.
If the match between J&K and Tripura ends in a draw tomorrow, J&K will get three points by virtue of their first innings lead and will finish on 28 points, the same as Goa. Thus the team whose run rate is more will qualifies for the knockout stage.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Preity Zinta missed crew of 'ABCD 2' on 'Nach Baliye 7'
- Congress comes out with scathing 'report card' on PM Narendra Modi's 1yr rule