Ranji Trophy: Haryana, Gujarat match evenly poised
Surat: Both Haryana and Gujarat were in contention for a spot in the knock-out stage of the Ranji Trophy as their final elite group encounter is interestingly poised at the end of third day`s play here.
Chasing 301, Gujarat were 34 for one at stumps, requiring another 267, while Haryana need nine wickets for victory.
Both Gujarat and Haryana can get maximum five points from this match. If Gujarat get five then they finish on 13 points and will expect Bengal to win without a bonus point and also have an inferior quotient. Haryana will then be relegated. In case Haryana win, they will go up to 14 points and expect Bengal to win without a bonus point. In case Bengal get a bonus point, Haryana would expect the eastern state`s quotient to be inferior to them. In case Baroda get a point, then Irfan Pathan and co. will qualify as they have more outright victories than Haryana.
Today, Haryana after resuming at 61 for no loss, went on to score 321 for five declared to set a competitive target. Overnight batsmen Nitin Saini (resuming on 32) and Rahul Dewan (resuming on 28) gave a good start to Haryana before the latter fell for a well-made 42 off 96 balls.
Saini, however, continued in the company of Sunny Singh (40, 52b, 6X4) before falling nine short of his century to depart for a 160-ball 91, that included 14 fours and a six.
Thereafter, Priyank Tehlan (85 not out, 128b, 12X4, 1X6) and Amit Mishra (39 not out) chipped in with crucial runs to let the visitors declare their second innings at 321 for five.
Gujarat got off to a decent start, losing only Priyank Panchal (11) before stumps were drawn on day three.
Jesal Karia (batting on 19) and Parth Parikh (batting on 2) were at crease.
In the first innings, Haryana had scored 207 all out before Gujarat finished on 228.
Haryana: 207 & 321 for five decl (Nitin Saini 91, Priyank Tehlan not out 85; Priiyank Panchal 1/33).
Gujarat: 228 & 34 for one.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'