New Delhi: India's premier domestic cricket league, Ranji Trophy, has come up with it's new season. It means, another opportunity for the cricketers across the country to showcase their talent and get noticed.
Robust Karnataka are the defending champions this time around and will be eyeing a rare hat-trick in the tournament by winning the 82nd edition of it.
- As the season starts from Thursday, here are a few interesting facts one should have a glance at:
- 27 teams are participating in the season, which are divided into three pools – A, B and C.
- In the group stage, all the teams will get to play at least eight games each.
- Three Teams each from group A and B will make it to the quarter-finals, while two teams from Group C will qualify for the next round.
- Top two sides from Group C will be promoted to Group A and Group B for the next season, whereas, bottom-placed teams from A and B will be relegated to group C in 2016-17 season.
- Mumbai have the most number of Ranji titles under their belt – 40.
- As per the schedule, the season starts from October 1, 2015 and the final will be played from February 24-28, 2016.