Ranji Trophy: Jharkhand post 194 for five on day one
Jamshedpur: Rameez Nemat and Saurabh Tiwary scored a half-century each as Jharkhand reached 194 for five at the end of the first day`s play of their Ranji Trophy Group A match against Gujarat here on Thursday.
While Nemat hit 78 off 246 balls, studded with 12 boundaries, Tiwary scored an unbeaten 75 off 213 deliveries with the help of seven fours and a six. Jharkhand were dealt early blows after they elected to bat, as opener Bhavin Thakkar (14) and one-down batsman Ishank Jaggi (1) were dismissed cheaply.
But other opener Nemat, in the able company of Tiwary consolidated the innings. The duo put on a solid 135-run stand together for the third wicket before Nemat got out. Nemat`s dismissal triggered a mini collapse as Jharkhand lost two more wickets in quick succession to be struggling at the end of the opening day`s play.
For Gujarat, Jasprit Bumrah claimed two for 51, while Akshar Patel (1/26) and Rakesh Dhurv (1/50) took wicket apiece.
Jharkhand 1st innings: 194 for five in 89.3 overs (Rameez Nemat 78, Saurabh Tiwary batting 75; Jasprit Bumrah 2/51) vs Gujarat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre