Ranji Trophy: Pacers Rajpoot, Ahmed ensure first innings lead for UP
Kanpur: Pacers Ankit Rajpoot (5/37) and Imtiaz Ahmed (4/39) wrecked havoc with the new ball to bundle out Madhya Pradesh for 115 and ensure a vital 135 runs first innings lead for Uttar Pradesh on the third and penultimate day of a Group B Ranji Trophy match, here on Tuesday.
Rajpoot and Ahmed used the favourable cold and misty conditions at the Green Park stadium to perfection to bowl out MP for the paltry score in their first essay in reply to UP`s 250 after the second day`s play was called off yesterday without a single ball being bowled due to bad weather.
Resuming their innings at four for no loss, MP batsmen found the duo of Rajpoot and Ahmed tough to handle as wickets fell like nine pins before the visitors were bowled out in 47.1 overs.
Anand Bais top-scored for MP with a 45-ball 28 followed by Mohnish Mishra (22).
Apart from Rajpoot and Ahmed, leg-spinner Amit Mishra (1/25) picked up the other wicket for UP.
At stumps, UP were 78 for three in their second innings, thereby extending their overall lead to 213 runs.
Skipper Suresh Raina was batting on 41 and giving him company was Mohammad Kaif on four. For MP, fast bowler Puneet Datey scalped two wickets for 34 runs while Ishwar Pandey (1/22) was the other beneficiary.
UP: 250 & 78 for three in 24 overs (Suresh Raina 41 batting; Puneet Datey 2/34).
MP: 115 all out in 47.1 overs (Anand Bais 28; Ankit Rajpoot 5/37, Imtiaz Ahmed 4/39).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read