Ranji Trophy: Today was my day, says centurion Ganesh Satish
Hyderabad: Karnataka`s Ganesh Satish today expressed happiness after slamming an unbeaten 117 on day two of the Ranji final against Maharashtra and said he sought to make the most of the opportunity that came his way.
"Obviously, I was a little disappointed when I was left out. So, I made up my mind that when I get the opportunity I will make full use of it," said Satish, who had not been included in the team earlier.
"There are a lot of team-mates who backed me, who believed in me. My parents have been a constant support and it was really helpful," said the 25-year-old, who shared 216 runs with opener Lokesh Rahul today.
"I think everyone needs a little bit of luck," said Satish, who was dropped twice on six and 89.
"I think today was my day. It worked out that way," he told reporters after the day`s play.
Satish said he was extra cautious to see that he did not get trapped lbw today.
"Last few innings I got lbw couple of times. (So) It was a conscious effort not to keep my head still and go straight down the wicket, rather than getting my legs across. I think that worked," he said.
Satish said he looked to steal more singles as that is his style of play.
"Not exactly a strategy to demoralise (Maharashtra bowlers). That`s how I look to play initially. I look for singles rather than boundaries. So, I was looking for quick singles here and there. Plus there was quite a bit of gap on the off side," he said.
Satish said he would not like to set any target for himself and rather look to play his natural game.
Satish said the wicket of Ankit Bawne early in the second over of the day and Manish Pandey`s brilliant catch to dismiss S Mundhe were crucial breakthroughs for Karnataka today.
Satish said he enjoyed his 216-run unbroken partnership with opener Lokesh Rahul as they had played together since junior cricket days.
Asked about Robin Uthappa who was retired hurt after being hit on the left elbow by a delivery from Samad Fallah, Satish said he should be okay.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- Experts hail Indian Army's surgical strikes on Pakistan
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says