Ranji Trophy: Today was my day, says centurion Ganesh Satish
Hyderabad: Karnataka`s Ganesh Satish today expressed happiness after slamming an unbeaten 117 on day two of the Ranji final against Maharashtra and said he sought to make the most of the opportunity that came his way.
"Obviously, I was a little disappointed when I was left out. So, I made up my mind that when I get the opportunity I will make full use of it," said Satish, who had not been included in the team earlier.
"There are a lot of team-mates who backed me, who believed in me. My parents have been a constant support and it was really helpful," said the 25-year-old, who shared 216 runs with opener Lokesh Rahul today.
"I think everyone needs a little bit of luck," said Satish, who was dropped twice on six and 89.
"I think today was my day. It worked out that way," he told reporters after the day`s play.
Satish said he was extra cautious to see that he did not get trapped lbw today.
"Last few innings I got lbw couple of times. (So) It was a conscious effort not to keep my head still and go straight down the wicket, rather than getting my legs across. I think that worked," he said.
Satish said he looked to steal more singles as that is his style of play.
"Not exactly a strategy to demoralise (Maharashtra bowlers). That`s how I look to play initially. I look for singles rather than boundaries. So, I was looking for quick singles here and there. Plus there was quite a bit of gap on the off side," he said.
Satish said he would not like to set any target for himself and rather look to play his natural game.
Satish said the wicket of Ankit Bawne early in the second over of the day and Manish Pandey`s brilliant catch to dismiss S Mundhe were crucial breakthroughs for Karnataka today.
Satish said he enjoyed his 216-run unbroken partnership with opener Lokesh Rahul as they had played together since junior cricket days.
Asked about Robin Uthappa who was retired hurt after being hit on the left elbow by a delivery from Samad Fallah, Satish said he should be okay.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- One year of Modi govt: PM Modi addresses mega rally in Mathura Part-II
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- CBSE 10th Results 2015 to be declared on May 27
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Is there life after death?
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE Class X Board Results 2015 to declared tomorrow