Rashid Latif to prove `Indian bookie guest` claims to PCB
Karachi: Former Pakistani captain Rashid Latif will reportedly prove his claims to the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) regarding Indian bookmaker Anu Bhatt in a meeting arranged with the board
According to the Express Tribune, Latif claimed that Bhatt, who was named as a key figure by the England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) in banned Danish Kaneria`s spot-fixing case, was the PCB`s guest in 2005-06 when England and India toured Pakistan.
However, the PCB rejected his claims and issued a notice after Latif refused to change his stance, saying that they are expecting solid evidence like hotel bills and an air ticket, adding that the PCB has a zero tolerance policy towards corruption and will reach to the bottom of the matter.
Confirming Latif`s meeting with the PCB, an official said that meeting was fixed for Tuesday (September 3) in Lahore, adding that the PCB has sought its legal counsels to assess the evidence that will prove Latif`s statements in the media.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’