Rashid Latif turns down offer for chief selector`s post
Karachi: Pakistan`s former captain and wicketkeeper, Rashid Latif has turned down the offer for the post of chief selector in the Pakistan Cricket Board.
Rashid today informed the board via an e-mail that he was not willing to take up the responsibility as he didn`t want to get involved in any controversies.
"There should be and are no hard feelings between me or the board. I thought about the offer and decided not to accept it because I don`t want to get involved in controversies," Latif told PTI.
There have been a number of stories in the media about Latif being unhappy with the board over his assignment to take over as the chief selector.
The former player apparently had started having second thoughts when the board dragged its feet on giving approval to the rest of the national selection committee for whom Latif had made some recommendations.
Latif confirmed he had recommended the names of former Test batsman Muhammad Yousuf, former opener Wajahatullah Wasti and former Test pacer Shabbir Ahmed, but declined to comment on reports that the board instead wanted him to work with former selectors -- Azhar Khan and Saleem Jaffer.
Latif said he would not like to make any more statements on the issue and wished the PCB and its Chairman Najam Sethi well.
"I hope Pakistan cricket flourishes under Sethi," he said.
Latif, one of the most enigmatic characters in Pakistan cricket, was designated the new chief selector last month by the board that announced he would take over from April 1.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?