Rasool to star in J&K Corporate Cricket Premier League
Srinagar: Parveez Rasool, who made an impressive IPL debut for Pune Warriors recently, will be the star attraction of the first-ever Jammu and Kashmir Corporate Cricket Premier League (JKCPL) scheduled to begin next week.
"The Corporate Cricket Premier League is scheduled to begin on June 15. The bidding for players will take place on June 10," said secretary of JKCPL Abdul Qayoom.
He said 12 corporate houses of the state have registered their franchises with the JKCPL and key players have been allotted to them.
"The franchises have paid the registration fees of Rs three lakh and entry fee of Rs two lakh each to participate in the league," he said.
Qayoom said the key Ranji players and Under-25 players from the state have been allotted to different franchises to ensure balance of the teams.
"Parveez Rasool will play for Kanwal Tigers owned by Kanwal Group of Companies while Abid Nabi is the key player for Ahad Nawabs. Dhruv Mahajan will feature for Sumla Bulls while emerging batsman Majid Dar will turn out for TCI Cheetahs," he said.
The league official said the teams have been divided into two groups with top two teams from each group progressing to the play-offs.
"The top teams from each group will play for a direct place in the final while the second placed teams will lock horns for right to play the loser of the first play off, which will decide the second finalist," he said.
Qayoom said the League is in talks with private sports broadcaster Ten Sports for live telecast of the plays-offs and final.
Asked if the League has been approved by the Jammu and Kashmir Cricket Association, he said: "We have written a letter to the JKCA. We have not received any response from it yet."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead