Rasool will do well for India A in SA tour: Omar
Srinagar: Having expressed his disappointment at the non-inclusion of Jammu and Kashmir all-rounder Perveez Rasool in the playing XI during the recently concluded Zimbabwe series, Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Monday hoped that the talented youngster will get a chance to showcase his talent during India `A` upcoming tour of South Africa.
"Obviously, our feelings were hurt (over Rasool not getting a game during the Zimbabwe tour)...But then if not for India, let it be India A. What he could not do in Zimbabwe, he can do it in South Africa," Omar told reporters on the sidelines of a function here.
Omar, an avid cricket follower, had lashed out at the BCCI for not fielding Rasool in any of the five ODI games against Zimbabwe.
"Did you really have to take him all the way to Zimbabwe to demoralise him? Wouldn`t it have been cheaper to just do it at home?" Omar had expressed his feelings in a sarcastic tweet after Rasool was not included in the last game against the minnows on August 3.
Asked about his tweet, Omar said, "I have said what I had to. Some people didn`t like it but I did not say that as a Chief Minister but as a citizen of the state."
He said more than disappointment he was "pained" that Rasool was the only player among the 15-members who didn`t get a chance to play a single game.
Rasool shot to fame with a brilliant all-round performance in the Ranji Trophy last season by scoring 594 runs and grabbing 33 wickets. His selection to national squad was fast-tracked after he took seven wickets in one innings of a tour game against visiting Australians earlier this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Shah Rukh Khan’s ‘Raees’ in trouble – Click here to read more
- Kapil Sharma meets 'showman' Subhash Ghai at Whistling Woods—See pic!
- Did 'Sultan' shoot disrupt Indian athletes' Olympic practice session at JLN Stadium? Here's what happened...
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan controversy: Adhyayan Suman explains why he broke his silence years after remaining tight-lipped
- Centre to release 25 declassified files related to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose today