Raut, Goswamy lead India to easy win in warm-up game
Mumbai: A half-century from Poonam Raut and three wickets by medium pacer Jhulan Goswami helped India record a comfortable eight-wicket win over New Zealand in a warm-up match for the ICC Women`s World Cup here on Monday.
Opting to field, India dismissed the visitors for 201 in 47.5 overs, and then chased down the target with almost seven overs to spare at the Bandra Kurla Complex.
Opener Raut top-scored for the hosts with an 89-ball 69, hitting 12 fours in the process.
Thirush Kamini made 43, while Harmanpreet Kaur (46) and skipper Mithali Raj remained unbeaten on 36.
Once the two openers -- Raut and Kamini -- added 119 runs in little under 27 overs, the chase was more or less sealed in India`s favour. After their dismissals, Kaur and Raj played sensibly to help the hosts romp home with ease.
Earlier, Goswamy led the Indian bowlers` impressive performance with figures of three for 26, dealing an early blow to the visitors by removing opener Natalie Dodd.
The mosts important wicket of skipper Suzie Bates (27) was, however, taken by Amita Sharma.
There were two wickets apiece for Ekta Bisht and Gouher Sultana.
Frances Mackay was the top-scorer for New Zealand with a knock of 69 off 101 balls, while Sara McGlashan made a breezy 56 off 66 deliveries. Both the batswomen hit seven fours each during their stay at the wicket.
Barring Mackay and McGlashan, none of them could contribute anything of note, which affected New Zealand badly.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened