Ravi Bopara vows to resolve `unfinished business`
London: England cricketer Ravi Bopara has vowed to resolve `unfinished business` after he was named in the one-day set up for the ICC Champions Trophy to be held in England and Wales in June.
The Essex batting all-rounder has been thrown a lifeline by new England limited-overs coach Ashley Giles after missing out on England duty throughout the winter, and has the chance to restart an international career that has spluttered along for six years, the Mirror reports.
Stating that he needed to play to his potential consistently, Bopara also hoped to be a part of the side in the 2015 World Cup and beyond, adding that he has got unfinished business at the international level as he still has contributions to add to the team with his energy and his prowess on the field.
Reckoning that he is ready to do justice to his talent after a difficult summer beset by family problems, Bopara said that he is excited to be a part of the squad for the Champions Trophy, adding that he felt like he has got a big part to play for the country in one-day cricket.
Although he admitted that he has had some success in his time, Bopara, however, said that he wants that success to be a regular part of his job, instead of coming in bits and pieces, adding that he has proved it before and can do it again.
Insisting that the time away from England duty allowed to both resolve his personal issues and reconnect with the game, Bopara said that he felt like a new bowler, adding that he had worked on his bowling action during his `exile` and is confident of excelling with the ball for both his domestic team and for England in international one-dayers.
Spells in the Bangladesh and South Africa Twenty20 tournaments freed Bopara up to just enjoy his cricket again and also work on his bowling, and his position as an all-rounder gave him the edge in England`s one-day plans, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan